Greetings! My name is Annie McPherson. I’m a newcomer to Burrton Springs, Kansas. Before living here, I resided back East. While I’ve never officially been a schoolteacher before now, I have had some limited experience with teaching in the past. I used to be a tutor for a wealthy family. The girls I taught were model students, and I’m sure the ones in Burrton Springs won’t be any different. After all, a whole classroom of children can’t be any different than teaching three, right?
I remember one of the days I was training Clara, Sara, and Tara. We were working on our needlepoint projects when young Clara accidentally sewed her embroidery to her skirt. I never saw such tears when we had to cut out all the progress she’d made. She eventually got over it, but it took some cajoling to bring her back to sorts.
There was another time when I taught the girls how to host a proper high tea. This was another imperative training for proper young ladies. I had the girls’ cook prepare all the necessary ingredients for the afternoon. Clara, Sara, and Tara were given the opportunity to make finger sandwiches which they all enjoyed. It’s important to know how to do this type of work, especially if for some reason when they are managing their own households in the future and find themselves without a cook for a short time.
I have so many more stories I could share with you, but I’m sure you have other appointments for your day. All of my previous experiences I’m sure will aid me in being an excellent teacher for the youth of Burrton Springs, Kansas. I hope you’ll journey with me as I discover what it’s like to be a schoolmarm for a full classroom. You can read about my escapades in Protecting Annie. Thank you for spending time getting to know me today. It was a privilege to converse with you.
~ ~ ~ ~
Jodie Wolfe is offering a FREE Ebook of
Protecting Annie to one who leaves a comment.
Be sure to let us know where we can find you in case you’re a winner.
DRAWING TO BE HELD WEDNESDAY EVENING ~ December 29, 2021.
~ ~ ~ ~
My Story Title: Protecting Annie
My Story Genre: Historical Romance
My Story Released: November 12, 2021
~ ~ ~ ~
The Author of My Story: Jodie Wolfe
Jodie Wolfe creates novels where hope and quirky meet. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW), Faith, Hope & Love Christian Writers, and COMPEL Training. She’s been a semi-finalist and finalist in various writing contests. A former columnist for Home School Enrichment magazine, her articles can be found online at: Crosswalk, Christian Devotions, and Heirloom Audio. When not writing she enjoys spending time with her husband in Pennsylvania, reading, walking, and being a Grammie. Learn more at www.jodiewolfe.com.
~ ~ ~ ~
- Website: https://www.jodiewolfe.com
- Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/jodie-wolfe
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Jodie-Wolfe-553400191384913
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/JodieAWolfe
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15220520.Jodie_Wolfe
- Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/Jodie-Wolfe/e/B01EAWOHXO/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1
- MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/jodiewolfe
~ ~ ~ ~
WHERE can the book be purchased?
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=protecting+annie+jodie+wolfe&crid=3OMCDBSHJZ2I5&sprefix=Protecting+Annie%2Caps%2C80&ref
- Barnes and Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/protecting-annie-jodie-wolfe/1139707155?ean=9781522303763
- Pelican Book Group: https://pelicanbookgroup.com/ec/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_46&products_id=1544